Software to Restore Lost Partition Data after Boot Sector Corruption
How to Undelete Partition Data after Boot Sector Corruption
Boot Sector is an area on your computer hard disk which stores codes to locate and invoke the booting programs. This code is generally used for loading operating systems. Master Boot Record (MBR) is the first sector of the active partition of your primary partition. It is the most important component of Windows operating system. There are instances when the boot element gets damaged or corrupt due to some unknown reasons and makes your system unbootable. This lead to loss of all the vital data that you saved on your system hard disk. So, in order to retrieve partition data after boot sector corruption, you need to use reliable partition recovery software.
All the system programs, which are installed for proper execution of the operating system, are present on the hard drive. HDD also stores all the useful and valuable files of the users like important documents, media files, etc. There are instances when a computer might fail to boot for multiple reasons such as improper shutdown, MBR corruption, faulty hardware, malicious software like virus or wrong settings. Failing to boot will render your system unable to load the operating system and leads to huge data loss. When you start your computer, you may come across any one of the following error messages:
"Non System Disk"
Industry Reviews and Testimonials:
Some of the reasons for HDD boot sector corruption are mentioned below:
- Wrong BIOS Settings: The BIOS is a program that is run by the computer first when it is powered on. It has the role of identifying the system’s hardware and provides access to settings regarding the hardware. Among other settings, the BIOS integrates boot settings that tell the computer how to boot and what medium to boot from, such as floppy disk, hard disk, CD or network. Setting wrong order for the booting devices might leave the computer failing to boot.
- Boot Sector Infected: Although most viruses cause damage to the files on a hard disk, there are some viruses that can do damage to the boot sector of the hard disk as well. A boot sector is a sector of the hard disk that contains information that tells the computer how to load the operating system. Usually, this information is written by the system BIOS and is pretty hard to access, but viruses like Disk Killer and Stoned can tamper it leading to severe data loss.
- Hardware Issues: Hardware problems are other probable causes of boot failures. Faulty RAM memory or hard disk drives are more common in this field. A memory with bad sectors might show up at the system check as OK, but as the booting information is loaded into the bad sectors and it might prevent booting. Heating can be an additional cause for a hardware failure, as both the hard drive and memory modules tend to heat up during use.
- Software Problems: Malfunctioning of the operating system or other software that deals with system settings can also lead to a boot failure and data loss
In all such scenarios mentioned above, using a system recovery disk or installing the operating system is the only solution. To avoid this kind of situations it is highly recommended to keep a proper backup of the system files before reinstalling such software.
Best partition recovery software is a proficient data recovery tool with the help of which you can recover lost data from FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5 and ExFAT formatted or corrupted partitions on your hard drive. This tool can also undelete data after mbr corruption or lost due to other file system corruption issues. It recovers files from different types of hard drives like SATA, SCSI, IDE, etc. Software enables Windows users to restore deleted extended partition on Windows 7. In addition, you can retrieve Windows 8 partition and from all the other advanced versions of Windows operating system. Along with memory cards, USB drives, FireWire drives, iPods, etc. 300 file types can be easily recognized and recovered with the help of this software. This software has a capability to recover data from crashed or non-bootable hard drives by creating disk images. You can download the free demo version to recover hard disk partition and estimate recovery results. It supports recovery from all the versions of Mac OS as well.
Procedure to restore lost partition data after boot sector corruption:
- Download and install the demo version of the Partition recovery software and launch it properly. After successful launching select “Recover Partition / Drive” from the main Windows screen.
- Then click on “Partition Recovery” from the next Window.
- After that select the physical drive which contains the lost partition data and click on “Next” to start the scanning process.
- After the scanning process is over, you can view all the data of the lost partition data recovered by the software along with their original folder hierarchy.
Points to remember to prevent partition loss in the future:
- Use UPS to avoid data corruption due to sudden power failure.
- It is better to use powerful and updated antivirus software, which is able to scan your hard drive and remove viruses and affected files.
- Check all the hardware resources.
- Backup all of your valuable partition data on regular basis.