Partition Recovery Software
Lost NTFS partition data due to MBR corruption?
Use Partition Recovery to recover lost partition data just in few steps!!!
Partition recovery software is a tool to recover deleted / lost / corrupted partition data by using non destructive, safe and read only recovery process. It is highly reviewed and recognized by various popular Tech magazines as well as Industry Experts. A huge number of users have successfully recovered their critical data by using this partition recovery software. The software provides a user friendly graphical interface which does not require any technical expertise to handle the complex data recovery process easily. This tool can retrieve data from partition lost after using diskpart.exe on windows xp, Windows 7 and WIndows Vista
Reviews and Testimonials from industry experts and users:
Before going though the recovery procedure and various advantageous features of the partition recovery software, let’s have a brief discussion about what MBR is and how the MBR corruption affects the NTFS partition data.
What is MBR?
Master Boot Record or MBR is responsible for containing necessary information like main partition table and boot loader procedure. It also holds disk information, serial number, number of sectors per cluster etc. The Basic Input Output system (BIOS) uses this system to recognize the hard drive. Any kind of damages to this MBR record will cause the saved data deletion and the saved data will be inaccessible.
Causes and Resolutions for MBR corruption in NTFS partition:
The partition boot sector comprises of important data used by the MBR to boot an NTFS partition. The first sector of NTFS partition consists of various entries that are used at the booting time. These entries get modified and changed in every other second. When the boot sector gets damaged the NTFS partition becomes unbootable resulting in inaccessibility of the important data stored in the NTFS partition.
You may get any of the following error messages while trying to access the data in the NTFS partition:
“Missing Operating System”
“Error Loading Operating System”
The MBR might be corrupted due to some of the following reasons:
- Boot sector Virus: The most probable reason behind MBR corruption may be boot sector virus. The boot sector virus may corrupt the important component of MBR resulting in the inaccessible NTFS partition.
- Corrupted Boot loader: If you are working on a dual boot system, there are more chances of the boot loader getting corrupted. If the operating system with boot loader gets damaged due to any reason, then you could not be able to boot either of the operating system.
- Sudden power failure / Accidental system shutdown: Sudden power failure or accidental system shutdown while the NTFS partition data is in use can lead to MBR corruption and NTFS partition data inaccessibility.
Suggestions to increase recovery chances of NTFS partition data:
- The inaccessible partition data will be there in the hard drive of the computer even though they are inaccessible to the user. Therefore, they can be easily retrieved using any partition recovery software before they are overwritten. To avoid overwriting of the deleted / lost / corrupted partition data, it is strongly recommended not to save any new data to the hard drive containing deleted partition because; it may overwrite the deleted partition data leading to permanent data loss.
- On the same drive don't install the recovery utility. You can install the software on any other healthy computer and connect the hard drive to continue partition recovery process efficiently.
- Defragmenting or reformatting the hard drive may cause the situation even worse.
- While selecting the partition recovery software, try to use the demo version of the software first and if you are satisfied with the demo version, then you can definitely purchase the full version of the software.
- Make sure that the software you are selecting does not modify the original content of the lost / inaccessible data during the recovery process as well as matches to your partition data loss scenarios.
Unique features & capabilities of partition recovery tool:
- This software easily restores data from deleted / corrupted NTFS partitions.
- It can also undelete partition data after boot sector corruption due to wrong BIOS settings and some hardware issues.
- It can Undelete Windows 7 partition deleted by mistake and also restore corrupted, lost or missing partitions of your hard drive.
- It supports formatted NTFS drive recovery from Windows OS like Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Vista, XP, Windows server 2003 and 2008.
- It can recover hard disk partitions lost due to incorrect disk partitioning method.
- It can also recover data from deleted partition after formatting error and even after the reinstallation of the operating system.
- Recover files from FAT partition deleted after using FDISK on the Windows hard drive
- The software supports partition recovery on some of the popular storage devices (such as Hard drives, USB external hard drives etc.) brands which are mentioned below:
- Western Digital (like WD VelociRaptor 600GB 3.5" Hard Drive, WD Caviar Green WD20EARX 2 TB Internal Hard Drive etc.)
- Samsung (such as Samsung 830 Series 256 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive, Samsung MZ-7PC256D 256 GB Internal Solid State Drive etc.)
- Seagate (such as Seagate Barracuda ES ST3750640NS 750 GB Internal Hard Drive, Seagate Cheetah 15K.7 ST3300657SS 300 GB Internal Hard Drive etc.)
- OCZ Technology (like OCZ Technology Agility 3 Internal 60GB 2.5" Solid State Drive, OCZ Technology Agility 3 Internal 120GB 2.5 Solid State Drive (SATA) etc.)
- Maxtor (like Maxtor MaXLine II 5A320J0 320GB Hard Drive, Maxtor DiamondMax 16 160 GB Internal Hard Drive etc.)
Detailed Steps to recover partition using Partition undelete software:
- Download and install the demo version of the Partition recovery software and launch it properly to restore corrupted partition data. After successful launching select “Recover Partition/Drive” from the main Windows screen.
- Then click on “Partition Recovery” from the next Window
- After that select the physical drive which contains the lost partition data and click on “Next” to start the scanning process.
- After the scanning process is over, you can view all the data of the lost partition data recovered by the software along with their original folder hierarchy.
Useful Notes to avoid partition corruption in future:
- It is advisable to take regular backups of your important data in order to avoid any kind of data loss in the future.
- Use UPS to avoid data corruption due to sudden power failure.
- You can use latest antivirus program to avoid partition data corruption due to virus infection.