Windows 7 Hard Drive Recovery Software
Have you deleted extended partition accidentally on Windows 7?
Quickly recover the deleted partition using partition recovery!!
Extended partition can be accidentally deleted due to several reasons, yet they can be easily recovered using reliable restoration utility like Partition recovery software. This software employs its built in algorithm to scan and recover the deleted partition data as well as restore partition lost due to usage of diskpart command on Windows XP or lost using any other file management utility. It is read only partition recovery software which does not modify the original content of the deleted partition data. Therefore, the software is highly tested and reviewed by most of the Industry Experts and adored by a huge number of customers all over the world.
Industry Reviews and Testimonials:
What is Partition extending and why it is needed?
In case the primary partition on your Windows hard drive is running out of space and hence resulting in lower system performance then you need to extend the primary partition in order to sort out the problem. You can add more space to the existing primary partitions and logical drives by extending them into the adjacent unallocated disk space.
For logical drives or system volumes, you can extend them only into the contiguous space and only if the volume can be upgraded to dynamic disk. For other volumes, you can extend the volume into non-contiguous memory space, but you will be prompted to convert the disk to dynamic.
In Windows 7 operating system, you can use third party utilities like Fdisk, DiskPart.exe or Windows Disk Management utility to extend a partition. However, lack of knowledge regarding the partition extending process, any interruption during the extending process or malfunction of third party utility can delete the extended partition or corrupt the entire hard disk leading to severe data loss.
Scenarios under which the extended partitions can be deleted / lost:
- Partition loss using Diskpart.exe: Microsoft Windows support advanced features like clustering. You can easily extend partitions / volumes in your hard drive using the clustering feature by the help of Disk Part utility. However, while extending the partition using Disk Part tool the partition data may be lost and lead to critical data loss situation. For e.g. if a volume is to be extended, then the volume should be consisted of an NTFS formatted file system, must be basic and should have free space at the end of the existing drive. If any of the requirements is not fulfilled properly, then the process is interrupted and you may get an error message like "Diskpart failed to extend the volume. Please make sure the volume is valid for extending". The incomplete partition extending process may erase all the partition information and make the partition inaccessible.
- FDISK failure while deleting the extended partition: Consider a practical scenario, where you have three primary partitions and one extended partition on your Windows 7 based hard drive and you want to delete the extended partition. You used a third party utility like Fdisk to delete the extended partition and allocate all the free space to your primary partitions. However, you may encounter an error message after doing so and rebooting your system due to file system corruption. The file system corruption might have aroused due to FDISK failure.
- Other Reasons: The extended partition in Windows 7 operating system can be accidentally deleted while converting the partition / disk from dynamic to basic or resizing the hard drive.
Some useful tips to prevent permanent data loss:
- It is strongly advised not to save any new data to the hard drive containing deleted partition because; it may overwrite the partition data leading to permanent data loss.
- Never install the partition recovery tool onto the hard drive containing deleted partition. You can install the software on secondary hard drive or any other computer and connect the hard drive while executing partition recovery process.
- Do not defrag / reformat the hard drive because; it can make the data loss situation even worse.
- While selecting the partition recovery software, first use the trial version of the software and if you are satisfied with it, then you can definitely buy the full version of the software.
- Make sure that the partition recovery software you have chosen is read only software which will not modify the original content of the deleted partition data during partition recovery
Exclusive functionalities of partition recovery tool:
This software easily retrieves accidentally deleted extended partition data on Windows 7.
- Other than Windows 7, it also supports partition recovery on different other Windows operating system versions like Windows XP, Vista, Windows server 2003 and 2008.
It can recover Hard Drive partitions corrupted due to partitioning error encountered while converting a partition from dynamic to basic or vice versa.
- It can recover files lost from FAT32 partition while re-installing Operating System and can also restore data while converting dynamic disk back to basic disk in Windows OS.
- It can also undelete FAT partition erased using FDISK
- It can even recover files from deleted partition lost due to unintentional formatting of the wrong drive.
- Partition deleted / lost due to Fdisk command, DiskPart.exe and any other third party utility can be easily retrieved using this software.
- Serves as laptop partition recovery tool to undelete lost or deleted laptop hard drive partition data
- It supports partition recovery on some of the popular storage devices (such as Hard drives, USB external hard drives etc.) brands which are mentioned below:
- Western Digital (like WD VelociRaptor 600GB 3.5" Hard Drive, WD Caviar Green WD20EARX 2 TB Internal Hard Drive etc.)
- Samsung (such as Samsung 830 Series 256 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive, Samsung MZ-7PC256D 256 GB Internal Solid State Drive etc.)
- Seagate (such as Seagate Barracuda ES ST3750640NS 750 GB Internal Hard Drive, Seagate Cheetah 15K.7 ST3300657SS 300 GB Internal Hard Drive etc.)
- OCZ Technology (like OCZ Technology Agility 3 Internal 60GB 2.5" Solid State Drive, OCZ Technology Agility 3 Internal 120GB 2.5 Solid State Drive (SATA) etc.)
- Maxtor (like Maxtor MaXLine II 5A320J0 320GB Hard Drive, Maxtor DiamondMax 16 160 GB Internal Hard Drive etc.)
- It has the ability to retrieve data from formatted NTFS partition on Windows XP and other versions of Windows operating system.
- This outstanding application retrives files from solid state drive partition on all the versions of Windows operating system.
Step by step Procedure to retrieve deleted FAT partition data:
- Download and install one of the partition recovery software and launch it properly. After successful launching select “Recover Partition / Drive” from the main Windows screen.
- Then click on “Partition Recovery” from the next Window in order to restore deleted partition on Windows 7.
- After that select the physical drive which contains the deleted extended partition data and click on “Next” to start the scanning process.
- After the scanning process is over, you can view all the data of the deleted partition data recovered by the software along with their original folder hierarchy.
Few useful tips to prevent partition deleted in the future:
- Check all the hardware resources to avoid hardware malfunction.
- Backup all of your valuable partition data on regular basis.
- Go through the instructions properly before extending partition or using any third party utility to perform disk related operation.