SSD Partition Recovery
How to execute SSD Partition Recovery?
SSD or Solid State Drive is a data storage device that uses solid state memory to store the data permanently. SSD consists of a hard drive interface, therefore can easily be replaced in majority of applications. SSD do not require special cooling and can tolerate higher temperatures when compared to HDD. SSD’s do not employ any moving parts so they are very resistant to shock and vibration. They use memory chips in place of rotating magnetic platters for storing the data. They have many advantages over traditional hard drives like lighter in weight, faster boot time, low operating temperatures, shock resistant, data transfer to and from the solid state drive is much faster than electro magnetic disk drives.
Partitioning means dividing the physical hard drive in to number of logical storage sections. Partitioning the disk drive which has more storage capacity can make the drive to function more proficiently. Partitions are useful not only from the user point of view but also for the better arrangement of data and safety purpose. The user can divide the SSD to a number of drives as per his need. If you have multiple partitions then you can easily install multiple operating systems on different partitions of multiple SSD. Partitioning allows to separate user data from operating system files. Partitioning is simple process in case of HDD. But extreme care should be taken while partitioning the SSD. Special care should be taken about partition alignment. In SSD read and write happens in 4KB page increments because most SSD’s have 4KB page sizes. If the partition on SSD is not aligned with 4KB page then input output performance will be poor because writes will over lap the multiple pages. If an application partitions SSD with a 4KB page restriction then the performance will be greatly improved over the application that is not cognizant with 4KB restriction.
Causes responsible for partition data loss:
- Accidental formatting: You might have accidentally formatted a partition containing important data while formatting some unimportant partition. Formatting wipes out all the data stored on that partition and creates a new file system to store new data. Thus it results in data loss. In such cases use partition recover tool to retrieve files from deleted partition.
- Virus infection: Virus inserts malicious code in to the data and damages the data structures of the drive causing logical failure and results in data loss.
- Partition table corruption: Partition table contains all the information related to partitions. The partition table gets corrupted due to missing system log files. These files can be lost due to virus tack, MBR corruption and accidental deletion. If the system log files are lost then the operating system fails to access the data stored on the partitions. Thus it results in severe data loss.
- Re-partitioning disk: When the size of the current partition is to be changed or new partition needs to be added you may opt for re-partitioning the drive. Improper re-partitioning corrupts the existing partitions and results in huge data loss.
- File system corruption: If the file system of the SSD gets corrupted then it results in loss of data from partition. The file system may get corrupted due to virus attack, user errors, errors that occur while file system corruption. For instance while converting from FAT to NTFS if the conversion process is interrupted or unsuccessful due to some errors then it results in partition loss.
Whatever may be the reason for partition data loss you can easily recover partition with the help of best partition retrieval utility. This application performs through scanning to retrieve lost data from RAID0, RAID1, RAID5 partitions which has been formatted or deleted. It can identify and retrieve up to 300 file types including spread sheets, documents, email archives, zip archives and other popular file types based on their unique signatures. This outstanding tool recovers data from flash memory cards, fire wire drives, iPods, USB external drives etc using powerful technique. It can even recover data from crashed hard drive or drive that does not boot. To bypass the bad sectors this application creates bad sectors later data can be easily recovered from these disk images. You can manually add or edit the signatures of non listed files. This tool can recover the data from deleted or inaccessible partitions. It creates compressed zip archives of recovered files or folders to save the disk space and sorts these files on the basis of name, creation date, file type and size. This powerful recovery tool retrieves data from formatted, re-formatted partitions, missing partitions, and re-partitioned drives.This application retrieves partitions on Mac and Windows operating system.
Steps to recover SSD partition:
Step A: Download and install the application from the site. Launch the application and select “Recover Partitions/Drives” option provided on the screen as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Home Page
Step B: Select either “Formatted/Reformatted Recovery” or “Partition Recovery” based on your requirement as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Select Partition recovery
Step C: Now a window pops up containing the list if available system drives. Select the drive from which the data is to be recovered and click “Next” to start recovery process as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3: Select the Partition
Step D: After the completion of recovery process list of recovered files will be displayed on the screen. Select required file and save to secured location as shown in Figure4.
Figure 4: List of Recovered Data